Sandy Settle - Accounting, New Suits
Eddie Holmes - Civil and Non-Support Court Proceedings/Minute Clerk/Courtroom Technology
The Civil Department receives, files, records and processes all claims between individuals and/or entities. This department also prepares the civil court docket and maintains the minutes of the Court.
- Civil/Probate Name Searches
- This service is available at a cost of $10 per name and must be paid in advance. This does not include the cost copies.
· Small Claims & Civil Suits
o An individual may file any money claim under the amount of $5,000 on the Clerk's Docket; all other claims are filed under the Civil Suits.
- These records include successions, interdictions and emancipations.
- Adoption records are not public.
· Protective Orders
o Our office works in conjunction with the Louisiana Domestic Abuse Response Team (D.A.R.T), to issue protective orders to victims of domestic violence as defined by the State of Louisiana. Victims are encouraged to contact D.A.R.T before seeking a protective order.
Arcadia D.A.R.T Office
2306 Myrtle Street
Arcadia, LA 71001
Rules for Louisiana District Courts